Dentures in Longview TX
What Is a Denture?
A denture, or a complete denture as it is often called, is an appliance that is inserted in the mouth, replaces natural teeth, and provides support for the cheeks and lips.
Most dentures are made of acrylic and can be fabricated different ways.
- A conventional denture is made after all teeth have been extracted and the tissues (gums) have healed.
- An upper denture has acrylic, usually flesh colored, that covers the palate (roof of the mouth).
- A lower denture is shaped like a horseshoe to leave room for the tongue.
- An immediate denture is fabricated and inserted immediately after the teeth are extracted; it is acrylic, usually flesh colored, and covers the palate (roof of the mouth).
- An Implant-Retained Denture is a removable, complete denture that is secured in your mouth on dental implants.
Dentures, over a normal course of time, will wear and need to be replaced or relined in order to keep the jaw alignment normal. The alignment will slowly change as the bone and gum ridges recede or shrink due to the extraction of the teeth. Regular dental examinations are still important for the denture wearer so that the oral tissues can be checked for disease or change.
Patient Reviews: Dentures
This reviews section is in progress. Please visit the Patient Review Form page to leave a review about your PROCEDURE experience with Mapes Dental. Call our office if you would like more information: Call Us Today! Phone Number 903-297-6022.